Central Library of Janata Mahavidyalaya was established in 1958. Janata Mahavidyalaya, Library (Late Shrihari Jiwatode Guruji Library), is one of the oldest libraries in Vidarbha region. Our Library has built communities. The College Library is a Star on its academic horizon. It is a Veritable treasure house of knowledge, quite capable of satisfying the intellectual needs of various types of readers. Anne Herbert has said “Libraries will get you through times of no money, better than money will get you through times of no library”. The college Library has a stock of 53737 books. which includes Reference Books, Encyclopedia and Dictionaries , and E- Books , E- Journals ( Under N-List Programme ) & DELNET ( Developing Library Network ), Print Journals & Magazines are also being subscribed to . The Library is completely automated. Online Cloud Libman Software Library Automation has been upgraded in 2019.
Vision of Library
To help in achieving over all institutional goals through all possible Learning Resources.
Mission of Library
To contribute to the common good by collecting, Organizing, Preserving, Communicating and sharing the record of human knowledge.
Area of Library Building in Sq. ft.: - 3445 |
Reading room Area: 1200 sq. ft. |
Reading room capacity: 70 students, 10 staff
- Support Teaching – Learning Process
- Inculcate reading habits
- Introduce innovative schemes and services
- Updating the stock of documents
- Satisfy user’s needs to optimum level
Available facility /Service offered
- Home Issue of Books ( On Borrowers Ticket )
- Reading Room Service (Books , Journals, Periodicals, Newspaper and other reading material is available and issued on demand in reading room)
- In The Central Library, reading room has the seating capacity of more than 70 Students & Staff Reading rooms 10 at a time.
- Full Deposit Scheme (During Exam. Period only )
- Inter Library Loan ( On Demand )
- On Line Service : N- List INFLIBNET Programme
- Internet Facility : Internet Facility is available in e-library for Students and Staff ( For Free online Journals access in Science , Commerce and Social Science
- Students Aids Service (Question Paper of University Exam. , University Syllabus are also available for Reference.
- News paper Clipping Service (The Records of News Paper Clipping of events in the C.S.P.M. Related News, College events, Employment News, High Court, Supreme Court Design Clippings, Library News are preserved in Files.
Library staff members
Shri P.B. Chahare
Head of the Library
|Shri S.T. Waghmare
||M.Lib. & I.Sc., M.Phil.
|Smt. V.V. Patil
||B.A., C. Lib.
|Shri A.R. Lakhmapure
|Shri V.M. Thakre
||HSSC, C. Lib.
|Shri N. C. Pahune
|Shri R.J. Zade
||Total Collection of Books
||E- Resources Under N- List Programme ( From 2012) DELNET ( Developing Library Network
||e-Books 31,35000 + e- Journals 6000 + From Oct. 2019
||Audio – Video CDs
||Total Journals & Periodicals
- Material for Competitive Exam. Books
- Historical Photograph & Information
- Rare Books Collection.
Library Advisory Committee
The Library advisory committee is constituted as under
||Dr. M. Subhas
||Dr. K.C. Patil
||Prof. V.S. Bodhale
||Dr. A.K. Mahatale
||Dr. N. R. Baig
||Shri P.B. Chahare
- The Library was initially automated by using Trisha Software, Nagpur 2003.
- Off line Libman software was installed in 2012.
- Online Cloud Libman Software Library Automation was upgraded in 2019.
Access to Users
- The Library has open Access systems for the teacher and also to P.G. Students.
- Close Access system to U.G. and Junior College Students.
Free Online Resources
Important Links for online books