Department of Microbiology
Microbiology department is established in 1994-95 on no-grant basis (self financed). Microbiology department has two well equipped laboratories with advance teaching aids viz. LCD for ICT class room. Over head projector, teaching charts. Department has graduate level course. Some of our alumni are working as Assistant. Prof. some are working in industries and some are working as lab technician in government hospitals. Educational visits were organized for students. Our students also actively participate in university level science exhibition. Faculty member is actively involved in the syllabus framing and restructuring at the university level.
Name of Courses offered
B.Sc. program is based on semester and Choice Based Credit System (CBCS)
||Name of faculty
||Dr. Mrs. S.S. Wankar
||Head, Assistant Professor
- Students of Sem.I was participated and presented their science model in “Avishkar”, science exhibition organized by Gondwana University, Gadchiroli.
- One of our students Ms. Diksha Bande of B.Sc. III was participated in seminar competition organized by Rajiv Gandhi College of Engineering, Research and Technology, Chandrapur.
- Many students have done M.Sc. and M.B.A in Microbiology and Biotechnology after graduation in Microbiology and are at very good position in their careers.
- Microbiology department encourages student centric- extra-curricular and co-curricular activities. These help students in developing leadership qualities which are conducted by the students and staff of the department.
- Microbiology department always guide and helps the students of B.E.8th semester, Ballarpur Institute of Technology in their project work.
- Students of MLT (medical laboratory technician) from Bhawanjibhai Chawhan High School and Jr. College, Chandrapur visited our department under educational visit and our teachers organized a guest lecture for them.
Co-curricular Activities conducted by the Department Students’ seminar, educational visits for UG students, projects for the students’ of 6th semester and assignments was allotted to students etc.
||Name of the Course
||Total Intake Capacity
||B.Sc with Microbiology
- Department of Microbiology undertakes research/Project work for the students of B.Sc. Semester VI.
- A well equipped two laboratories are available for the FY, SY and TY B. Sc.
Research facilities are available in the department.
List of research equipments available in the department
- Visible spectrophotometer
- Digital colorimeter.
- PCR assembly with teaching kit.
- Electrophoresis assembly with teaching kit.
- Students Research Microscopes
- Trans- illuminator
- Chromatography chambers/assembly
- Kjhaldal’s Assembly
Activities @ 2014 onwards