- To make students aware of different problems of the society in general and issues related to women.
- Encourage girl students for active participation in games and sports.
- To disseminate knowledge about rights and laws relating to women.
- Strengthening moral values among the students to become responsible citizens.
- To disseminate information about latest writings on women issues.
- To organize lectures on the topics of career shaping and how to prepare better for examination i.e. smart studies.
- To sensitize the future teachers towards the status of women in India.
- To provide the information to future teachers regarding women’s contribution in the developing process.
- To educate people regarding equal status to women.
- To prepare women regarding grievances as far as women problems are concerned like-
- Female foeticide
- Status awareness (Literate/illiterate)
- Educational Facilities
- Assault and atrocities
- Sexual harassment
- Financial awareness
- Human Rights charter in favor of women.
Women Cell and ICC (Internal Complaints Committee) works in unison with an objective to groom the girls to face all the challenges of life with their head held high. Women cell follows a strategy that involves the personality development of girls in diversion field. The cell has been working towards gender equality/sensitization, women empowerment and health and hygiene of young girls. It also aims at providing legal awareness and remedies specifications concerning women.
The activities of cell include promoting awareness relating women in the present social context, information of legal rights policies and counseling support. Besides these, the cell in collaboration with other departments conducts other cultural activities like Rangoli competition and flower arrangement during annual cultural week.
- Plan to organize debate, elocution, essay, story writing, poster making, and slogan writing competitions related to women.
- Organize workshops for personality development.
- Seek active participation of girl students in environment conservation.
- Invite doctors for delivering lectures on health issues.
- To create awareness among students about women icons in society.
- Organize quiz competitions.
- Open seminar on social problems concerning women.
Women Cell Report
Session 2018- 19
- Program on gender justice and women empowerment awareness about ragging; 04/08/2018
- Extension activity at Durgapur Slum Area, 29/12/2018
- Rally: ‘ Save the girl child’; 02/01/2019
- Celebration of Krantijyoti Savitribai Phule Birth anniversary and Women safety, self defense and de-addiction program in collaboration with Chandrapur Police on 03/01/2019
- Celebration of International Women’s Day and awareness exam about laws relating women in India, 08/03/2019
Session 2017- 18
- Gender sensitization and awareness about sexual harassment laws; 23/12/2017
- Savitri Bai Phule Jayanti: 03/01/2018
- International Women’s day celebration: 08/03/2018
- Visit to old age home (Extension activity): 23/04/2018
Session 2016- 17
- Cancer Awareness Program; “Stop Cancer” Mission.
- Awareness about different Insurance schemes of Bank for Women” Conducted by team of PNB (Punjab National Bank): 21/9/2016
- Adolescence and concerning issues: 30/09/2016
- Extension activity: Save the girl child (Gender sensitization program); 06/10/2016
- Swachchata Abhiyan(Extension activity), 14/10/2016
- Program on RTI (Professional development), 30/12/2016
- Savitribai phule Jayanti celebration on 03/01/2017
- International Women’s day celebration, 08/03/2017
Session 2015- 16
- Women’s Legal Rights awareness programme and Gender Sensitization on 01/08/2015
- Extension programme : Awareness programme on cancer, 22/09/2015
- Savitribai phule Jayanti celebration on 03/01/2016
- International Women’s day celebration, 08/03/2016
Session 2014- 15
- A program on child nutrition and breast feeding held on 05/08/2014.
- A programme on feminine hygiene on 13/09/2014
- Savitribai phule Jayanti celebration on 03/01/2015
- International Women’s day celebration, 08/03/2015
Activities @ 2014 onwards